Exporting from Canada
Back to Buyer Resources
Exporting From Canada
Arranging your own transportation?
Here are some general guidelines on exporting your item from Canada:
- Before Purchase
- Consult with your transportation provider if they are handling your customs documentation or a customs broker
- Verify the export eligibility of the item to its intended destination with Canada’s Export Control List and Area Control List
- After Purchase
- Obtain a Business Number (BN) for an import/export account from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Determine if the item qualifies under a trade agreement and the tariffs and duties (IronPlanet can supply the NAFTA documentation at a minimal charge)
- Complete CBSA Form B13A (Canadian Export Declaration)
- At the Border
- IronPlanet Commercial Invoice
- Special Packing/Marking List
- Bill of Lading that is provided by your transportation provider
- Completed CBSA Form B13A
Canada / USA Customs Made Easy
Customs Brokerage Service from IronPlanet & VeriTread
Buying equipment based in Canada couldn't be easier. We've partnered with VeriTread a leader and innovator in heavy-haul transport, to provide an easy, affordable customs and transportation solution.
Standard customs requests are a $187 flat fee.
VeriTread offers a fully integrated customs brokerage process, whether you're shipping to or from Canada. You’ll get expert guidance and documentation management all in an automated process at checkout.
For a free consultation and estimate please contact: