Importing into Canada
Importing From Canada
Arranging your own transportation?Here are some general guidelines on how to import your item into Canada:
- Before Purchase
- Consult with your transportation provider if they are handling your customs documentation or a customs broker
- For on-road vehicles, check with Canada’s Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV)
- After Purchase
- Obtain a Business Number (BN) for an import/export account from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Determine for the item
- Country of Origin/Manufacture
- Tariff Classification of the item
- Applicable Canadian Taxes as determined by the final destination of the unit
- IronPlanet Commercial Invoice: 1 copy
- Cargo Control Document: 2 copies
- Bill of Lading (BOL) that is provided by your transportation provider
- Any additional permits, licenses or certifications (e.g. Original Vehicle Title, preferential tariff treatment, etc.)
Canada / USA Customs Made Easy
Customs Brokerage Service from IronPlanet & VeriTread
We've partnered with VeriTread a leader and innovator in heavy-haul transport, to provide an easy, affordable customs and transportation solution.
Standard customs requests are a $187 flat fee.
VeriTread offers a fully integrated customs brokerage process, whether you're shipping to or from Canada. You’ll get expert guidance and documentation management all in an automated process at checkout.
For a free consultation and estimate please contact: