Home > About Us > Careers > Territory Manager (Canada)
||Managing Director, Canada
||Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Ontario
Responsible for consigning equipment to IronPlanet’s Featured Auctions and Daily Marketplace from end-users, dealers and other sellers. Includes building strong relationships with customers and managing the IronPlanet presence in your respective area of responsibility, appraising packages of equipment and attending trade shows - all while following IronPlanet’s sales force guidelines.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with buyers and sellers within a state or other defined area.
- Manage all interactions with a diverse client and supplier base to increase sales revenue.
- Identify and solicit equipment to sell in online auctions.
- Assist in negotiations and pricing process.
- Will be called upon to address and handle national accounts as required.
- Target and meet with prospects to grow opportunity pipeline.
- Effectively communicate value proposition and differentiators.
- Participate within team selling environment; this includes providing weekly forecasts and subsequent reporting required within company CRM system.
Education and Experiences:
- Minimum of 2-3 years successful outside sales and customer service experience in industrial services
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sales ability including following established rules of engagement.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Must be persistent, energetic, and entrepreneurial.
- Thorough understanding of sales cycle and process.
- Ability to utilize marketing tools to penetrate territory.
- Good computer skills including experience with CRMs, Power Point, Excel and the internet.
- Auction experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis, including overnights in hotels.
An attractive base salary plus commission as well as stock options.
IronPlanet® is the leading online marketplace for used heavy equipment. Our sellers achieve more profitable sales through low transaction costs and better price realizations through a global audience of buyers. Our guaranteed inspection reports and exclusive IronClad Assurance® enable buyers to bid with a high degree of confidence. IronPlanet is backed by Accel Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, Caterpillar, Komatsu and Volvo.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Applicants only, please. IronPlanet is not accepting submissions from recruiters.